Sunday, September 25, 2011

MANNEQUINS!!!! !!! !! !

About a couple of weeks ago, I went down to this great thrift store by house called Portabello Road, which is run by Laura's House (a charity for battered women) and one of the mangers of the store and I started chatting about how great the retro rack is what not. Then she told me how her boss is always trying to get rid of it! So she asked me if I wanted to help out and volunteer at the store to save the retro rack! (which is truly fab!) She told me I could help dress up mannequins, and sift through clothes, and help dress up the store for Halloween since I'm such a trendy looking gal (lolz). I said yes of course, because it seemed like such a fun idea and I would be able come and go at my own convenience. I'll never be bored again!!

Today was my first day and I hung out there for a couple of hours. I didn't take any pictures of the mannequins I did up, but the one I was most proud of was inspired by Margot Tenenbaum.


Then I was able dress one up all Versace like! Like these hot babes below.


It was a blast! and was all made possible by the retro rack! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment